(15-10, 4-6 away)
(21) Memphis 81
(23-3, 16-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Young 22
||T Thomas 6
||T Womack 4
||A Thomas 22
||C Crawford 13
||C Crawford 9
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, Houston took a home loss to No. 21 Memphis 81-74 in conference play. Joseph Young put up a game-high 22 points and three rebounds in the loss. TaShawn Thomas had 20 points and added six rebounds. Chris Crawford registered a double-double for the Tigers on 11 points and 13 rebounds (9 Ast 3 Blk). Next up for Houston (14-10, 4-8 C-USA) is Texas-El Paso (14-10, 7-4 C-USA) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 on the road.
Houston Game Notes
- The last time UH started the season 15-10 was 2004.
- UH beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, UH played nine Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 3-6.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Houston has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Houston has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 21 or more assists this season, Houston has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- UH set season lows for blocks (zero) and rebounds (25).
- The Cougars have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Joseph Young and TaShawn Thomas) accounted for 56.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (TaShawn Thomas and Mikhail McLean) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Joseph Young has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- TaShawn Thomas has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Joseph Young's career.
- Joseph Young has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of TaShawn Thomas's career.
- TaShawn Thomas has four straight 20+ point games.
Memphis Game Notes
- Chris Crawford recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Adonis Thomas and Tarik Black) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- Chris Crawford accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in scoring six times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Adonis Thomas's career.
- Adonis Thomas has five straight double-digit point games.
- Adonis Thomas set a career high with six offensive rebounds.
- Chris Crawford recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Crawford recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Chris Crawford set career highs with 13 rebounds, 13 defensive rebounds, and nine assists.
- D.J. Stephens recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
- D.J. Stephens set a career high with six field goals made.