(15-10, 4-6 away)
(21) Memphis 81
(23-3, 16-1 home)
Venue: FedEx Forum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Young 22
||T Thomas 6
||T Womack 4
||A Thomas 22
||C Crawford 13
||C Crawford 9
No. 21 Memphis squared off with Houston on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and defeated the Cougars 81-74 in conference action. Chris Crawford got 11 points and 13 rebounds (9 Ast 3 Blk) for the Tigers, earning a double-double. Adonis Thomas had a team-high 22 points and added eight rebounds. For the Cougars, Joseph Young got a game-high 22 points and three rebounds. Memphis (23-3, 12-0 C-USA) welcomes Southern Miss (20-6, 9-2 C-USA) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Memphis Game Notes
- Memphis started 23-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Houston extended the Memphis winning streak to 17 games.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Memphis has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.6 percent or better.
- Memphis has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record five or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Memphis has won 95 percent of the time (18-1) when Joe Jackson has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when D.J. Stephens plays 31 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Chris Crawford has three three-pointers or more.
- Memphis set a season low for steals (four).
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Memphis has a 13.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Chris Crawford recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Adonis Thomas and Tarik Black) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- Chris Crawford accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Adonis Thomas has led the team in scoring in six out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Adonis Thomas's career.
- Adonis Thomas has five straight double-digit point games.
- Adonis Thomas had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
- Chris Crawford recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Crawford recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Chris Crawford had career highs with 13 rebounds, 13 defensive rebounds, and nine assists.
- D.J. Stephens recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- D.J. Stephens recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
- D.J. Stephens had a career high with six field goals made.
Houston Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Joseph Young and TaShawn Thomas) accounted for 56.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (TaShawn Thomas and Mikhail McLean) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Joseph Young has led the team in scoring 11 times in 25 games this season.
- TaShawn Thomas has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Joseph Young's career.
- Joseph Young has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of TaShawn Thomas's career.
- TaShawn Thomas has four straight 20+ point games.