On Wednesday, Feb. 20, Cal Poly took on Cal State Fullerton and was crushed by the Titans 77-60 in conference play. Cal Poly was never really in this one, as they trailed 40-23 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. Chris O`Brien put up a team-high 13 points and nine rebounds in the Mustangs loss. Jamal Johnson had nine points and added four assists. Kwame Vaughn got a game-high 23 points and seven assists for the Titans. Next up for Cal Poly (12-12, 8-6 Big West) is Loyola Marymount (8-18, 1-12 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- The last time Cal Poly started the season 12-12 was 2002.
- Cal Poly has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording six or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Cal Poly has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Cal Poly has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 56.0 percent or better this season, Cal Poly has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- The Mustangs set a season high for turnovers (14).
- The last time Cal Poly recorded at least 14 turnovers was Feb 02, 2012 against Cal State Fullerton.
- The Mustangs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- The top two rebounders (Chris O`Brien and Drake U`u) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris O`Brien had career highs with six field goals made, nine rebounds, and six offensive rebounds.
Cal State Fullerton Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kwame Vaughn and D.J. Seeley) accounted for 57.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Harris and Kwame Vaughn) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Kwame Vaughn has led the team in scoring 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Alex Harris has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Kwame Vaughn's career.
- Alex Harris set career highs with seven rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of D.J. Seeley's career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jared Brandon.