Iowa State 87
(18-8, 3-8 away)
(16-10, 11-5 home)
Venue: Ferrell Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||T McGee 22
||M Ejim 12
||G Niang 4
||P Jackson 30
||C Jefferson 10
||P Jackson 8
Iowa State won on the road versus Baylor 87-82 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. With the win, the Cyclones remain unbeaten against Baylor this season at 2-0. Melvin Ejim got 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Cyclones, earning a double-double. Tyrus McGee had a team-high 22 points and added three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Bears, Pierre Jackson finished with a game-high 30 points and eight assists. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Iowa State (18-8, 8-5 Big 12) welcomes Texas Tech (9-14, 2-10 Big 12).
Iowa State Game Notes
- The last time ISU started the season 18-8 was 2011.
- ISU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Cyclones have beaten the spread.
- The Cyclones have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Iowa State is 22-25 in close games.
- The Cyclones have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 32 or more field goals made.
- Iowa State has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Iowa State has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its three-point percentage has been 39.3 percent or better.
- ISU has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Iowa State has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Georges Niang has 15 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Will Clyburn has six free throws made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Melvin Ejim has 12 rebounds or more.
- The Cyclones have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Tyrus McGee and Melvin Ejim) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyrus McGee has led the team in scoring in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Melvin Ejim's career.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 18th of his career.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Tyrus McGee's career.
- Tyrus McGee has six straight double-digit point games.
- Tyrus McGee had career highs with 22 points and eight field goals made.
Baylor Game Notes
- The Bears have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Baylor is 27-16 in close games.
- Pierre Jackson recorded a team season high in field goals made with 13.
- Pierre Jackson accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cory Jefferson and Isaiah Austin) accounted for 52.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Pierre Jackson has led the team in scoring 15 times in 26 games this season.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in rebounding seven times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson set a career high with 13 field goals made.
- Cory Jefferson recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 10th of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for A.J. Walton.