(21-6, 11-5 away)
Eastern Illinois 49
(8-20, 6-9 home)
Venue: Lantz Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Mann 21
||B Jenkins 6
||K Johnson 8
||S Blanford 14
||M Herron 10
||A Akers 1
Belmont pounded Eastern Illinois 80-49 in conference play on a night when they outshot the Panthers 52.7 percent-31.9 percent. Everything went right for Belmont in this one, as they led 42-20 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. J.J. Mann had an impressive game for the Bruins and put up 21 points and five rebounds. Trevor Noack also had an outstanding outing, scoring a game-high 21 points and adding six rebounds. Malcolm Herron got seven points and 10 rebounds for the Panthers. Belmont (21-6, 12-2 OVC) gets Ohio (20-6, 11-1 MAC) on their home court on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Belmont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:15 left to go.
- Belmont beat the spread by 19 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- This was the ninth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Belmont has been on the winning end of 50 blowout games.
- The Bruins have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Belmont has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 52.7 percent or better.
- Belmont has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Belmont has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- Belmont has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Belmont has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Blake Jenkins has 13 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Trevor Noack has four free throws made or more, and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when J.J. Mann has three three-pointers or more.
- The Bruins set a season high for assists (24).
- Belmont has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Noack and J.J. Mann) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Noack and Blake Jenkins) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Trevor Noack's career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of J.J. Mann's career.
- J.J. Mann has eight straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, EIU has been on the losing end of 14 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Sherman Blanford and Alex Austin) accounted for 48.9 percent of the points.
- Malcolm Herron accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sherman Blanford has led the team in scoring 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Malcolm Herron has led the team in rebounding three times in 28 games this season.
- Malcolm Herron recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Austin has five straight double-digit point games.