(21-6, 11-5 away)
Eastern Illinois 49
(8-20, 6-9 home)
Venue: Lantz Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Mann 21
||B Jenkins 6
||K Johnson 8
||S Blanford 14
||M Herron 10
||A Akers 1
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, Eastern Illinois was outshot 52.7 percent-31.9 percent by Belmont and was smoked by the Bruins 80-49 in conference play. The game got away from Eastern Illinois early, as they dug themselves a 42-20 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Panthers were led by Malcolm Herron, who put up seven points and 10 rebounds. Sherman Blanford had 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Bruins, J.J. Mann finished with 21 points and five rebounds. Next up for Eastern Illinois (8-20, 5-10 OVC) is Northern Illinois (4-19, 2-9 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:15 left to go.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 49 or fewer total points.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.7 percent or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 43.5 percent or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- EIU set season lows for assists (four), field goals made (15), field goal percentage (31.9), and three-pointers (one).
- Eastern Illinois has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--EIU has a -2.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Sherman Blanford and Alex Austin) accounted for 48.9 percent of the points.
- Malcolm Herron accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sherman Blanford has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Malcolm Herron has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- Malcolm Herron recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Austin has five straight double-digit point games.
Belmont Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Trevor Noack and J.J. Mann) accounted for 52.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Trevor Noack and Blake Jenkins) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Trevor Noack's career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of J.J. Mann's career.
- J.J. Mann has eight straight double-digit point games.