South Florida 54
(10-16, 2-8 away)
St John's 69
(16-10, 12-4 home)
Venue: Alumni Hall (NY)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||V Rudd 18
||V Rudd 11
||A Collins 5
||J Sampson 20
||S Pointer 10
||S Pointer 6
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, St. John's punished South Florida 69-54 in conference play. Sir`Dominic Pointer earned a double-double in the win with 12 points and 10 rebounds. D`Angelo Harrison had 18 points and added five assists. Victor Rudd registered a double-double for the Bulls with a team-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, Feb. 24 when St. John's (16-10, 8-6 Big East) welcomes 20th-ranked Pittsburgh (19-7, 7-6 Big East).
St. John's Game Notes
- SJU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Red Storm have beaten the spread.
- St. John's has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- The Red Storm have won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after recording 69 or more total points.
- St. John's has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 45.3 percent or better.
- SJU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- SJU has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season St. John's has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Sir`Dominic Pointer has 12 points or more and 77 percent of the time (10-3) when JaKarr Sampson plays 32 minutes or more.
- The top two scorers (JaKarr Sampson and D`Angelo Harrison) accounted for 55.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sir`Dominic Pointer and Chris Obekpa) accounted for 48.6 percent of the rebounds.
- JaKarr Sampson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Sir`Dominic Pointer had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- D`Angelo Harrison has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of JaKarr Sampson's career.
South Florida Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to nine games.
- Victor Rudd accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Rudd and Martino Brock) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Victor Rudd recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Victor Rudd.
- Victor Rudd recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and eighth of his career.
|C||Phil Greene IV||38||3||0||5||0||0||0|