(19-7, 6-6 away)
South Carolina 63
(13-13, 10-7 home)
Venue: Colonial Life Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||M Holloway 19
||M Holloway 13
||J Summers 3
||M Carrera 13
||M Carrera 13
||E Smith 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, South Carolina won by a slim margin against Ole Miss 63-62 in conference action. The Gamecocks got a double-double out of Michael Carrera with a team-high 13 points and 13 rebounds. Eric Smith had 12 points and added five assists. Murphy Holloway registered a double-double for the Rebels on a game-high 19 points and 13 rebounds. South Carolina (13-13, 3-10 SEC) gets Georgia (11-13, 5-6 SEC) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The last time USC started the season 13-13 was 2006.
- USC beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 11th time this season the Gamecocks have beaten the spread.
- The Gamecocks have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, South Carolina is 30-26 in close games.
- South Carolina has won every game this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 42.1 percent or better.
- The Gamecocks have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- This season South Carolina has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Eric Smith has five assists or more.
- The Gamecocks set a season high for blocks (eight).
- USC set a season low for free throws made (three).
- South Carolina has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--USC has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Carrera recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with eight.
- Michael Carrera accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Michael Carrera recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Michael Carrera recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The Rebels have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ole Miss is 32-26 in close games.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Murphy Holloway accounted for 30.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- Marshall Henderson has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- Murphy Holloway recorded the 42nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Murphy Holloway has three straight double-digit point games.
- Murphy Holloway recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 35th of his career.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Reginald Buckner.