(14-12, 3-7 away)
(8) Syracuse 84
(22-4, 16-0 home)
Venue: Carrier Dome
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||V Council 15
||L Henton 13
||V Council 7
||C Fair 20
||C Fair 10
||M Carter-Williams 12
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, Providence was outshot 56.6 percent-34.8 percent by No. 8 Syracuse and was smoked by the Orange 84-59 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Syracuse up 43-16. The Friars now have a record of 2-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Vincent Council put up 15 points and seven assists (5 Stl 4 Reb) in a losing effort. LaDontae Henton played his way to a double-double with a team-high 15 points and 13 rebounds. Michael Carter-Williams registered a double-double for the Orange on 15 points and 12 assists. Providence (14-12, 6-8 Big East) gets Rutgers (13-12, 4-10 Big East) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Providence Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:34 left to go.
- Providence started 14-12 during the 2010, 2002, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, PC played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 10-31.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Providence has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Providence has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Providence has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- Providence has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (LaDontae Henton and Vincent Council) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- LaDontae Henton accounted for 37.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- LaDontae Henton has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 13 times in 26 games this season.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 18th of his career.
- Bryce Cotton has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Kadeem Batts has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Josh Fortune.
Syracuse Game Notes
- C.J. Fair recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Fair and James Southerland) accounted for 47.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Fair and James Southerland) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Fair has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- This game was the 10th double-digit assist game of Michael Carter-Williams's career.
- Michael Carter-Williams has four straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Carter-Williams recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of C.J. Fair's career.
- C.J. Fair has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Fair recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 11th of his career.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of James Southerland's career.
- James Southerland has four straight double-digit point games.
- James Southerland set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.