(15-10, 6-7 away)
Rhode Island 42
(8-17, 5-10 home)
Venue: Ryan Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||S Christon 16
||T Taylor 17
||D Davis 4
||X Munford 15
||A Malone 6
||M Powell 4
Xavier held Rhode Island to only 24.1 percent from the floor and got a win on the road against the Rams 55-42 in A-10 play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. Travis Taylor earned a double-double in the Musketeers win including 13 points and 17 rebounds. Semaj Christon had a game-high 16 points and added seven rebounds. Xavier Munford finished with a team-high 15 points and three rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) for the Rams. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Xavier (14-10, 7-4 A-10) hosts 24th-ranked Virginia Commonwealth (20-6, 8-3 A-10).
Xavier Game Notes
- XU beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- The Musketeers have won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- XU has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Xavier has won 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Semaj Christon has 16 points or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Jeff Robinson plays 30 minutes or more.
- The Musketeers set a season high for rebounds (45).
- The last time XU recorded at least 45 rebounds was Jan 04, 2012 against La Salle.
- XU set a season low for field goals made (18).
- This is the fifth win of the season where the Musketeers came back after being down at halftime.
- Travis Taylor recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and defensive rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Semaj Christon and Travis Taylor) accounted for 52.7 percent of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis Taylor has five straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 16th of his career.
- Travis Taylor had career highs with 17 rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has 13 straight double-digit point games.
Rhode Island Game Notes
- Xavier Munford accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Xavier Munford has led the team in scoring 15 times in 25 games this season.
- Andre Malone has led the team in rebounding five times in 25 games this season.
- Xavier Munford has 10 straight double-digit point games.