Eastern Michigan 50
(12-14, 1-11 away)
(20-6, 15-1 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (OH)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Sims 12
||M Balkema 6
||J Sims 2
||R Keely 20
||I Baltic 9
||D Cooper 10
On a night when the Eagles mustered only 27.6 percent from the floor, Ohio punished Eastern Michigan 73-50 in MAC action. Ohio took a commanding 36-16 lead at halftime and never looked back. D.J Cooper secured a double-double in the win including 16 points and 10 assists (5 Stl 3 Reb). Reggie Keely also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 20 points and adding four rebounds. J.R. Sims finished with a team-high 12 points and two rebounds for the Eagles. The Bobcats are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Ohio (20-6, 11-1 MAC) is Belmont (20-6, 11-2 OVC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Ohio Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:35 left to go.
- The last time Ohio started the season 20-6 was 2011.
- The win over Eastern Michigan extended the Ohio winning streak to five games.
- Ohio beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Ohio has been on the winning end of 23 blowout games.
- Ohio has won every game this season (13-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.3 percent or better.
- The Bobcats have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Ohio has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) when opponents record five or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Ohio has won 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Ivo Baltic has four field goals made or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Reggie Keely has four free throws made or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when D.J Cooper has 10 assists or more.
- The Bobcats set a season high for rebounds (42).
- The last time Ohio recorded at least 42 rebounds was Feb 22, 2012 against Buffalo.
- The Bobcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Ohio has a 18.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- D.J Cooper recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Keely and D.J Cooper) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (11).
- Reggie Keely has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- Ivo Baltic has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 26 games this season.
- This game was the 24th double-digit assist game of D.J Cooper's career.
- D.J Cooper recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 22nd of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Reggie Keely's career.
- Reggie Keely has four straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Emich has been on the losing end of 22 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (J.R. Sims and Derek Thompson) accounted for 42.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (13).
- Matt Balkema has led the team in rebounding three times in 26 games this season.
- J.R. Sims has three straight double-digit point games.