Eastern Michigan 50
(12-14, 1-11 away)
(20-6, 15-1 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (OH)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Sims 12
||M Balkema 6
||J Sims 2
||R Keely 20
||I Baltic 9
||D Cooper 10
Eastern Michigan shot just 27.6 percent from the field and was crushed by Ohio 73-50 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. Eastern Michigan fell way behind at halftime, 36-16, and was never able to get back in it. The Eagles got a team-high 12 points and two rebounds from J.R. Sims. Derek Thompson had nine points. D.J Cooper recorded a double-double for the Bobcats on 16 points and 10 assists (5 Stl 3 Reb). Eastern Michigan (12-14, 5-7 MAC) hosts Missouri State (8-20, 6-10 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:35 left to go.
- Eastern Michigan started 12-14 during the 2004 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Eastern Michigan has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording five or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Eastern Michigan has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Eastern Michigan has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.3 percent or better this season, Eastern Michigan has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- The top two scorers (J.R. Sims and Derek Thompson) accounted for 42.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (13).
- Matt Balkema has led the team in rebounding in three out of 26 games this season.
- J.R. Sims has three straight double-digit point games.
Ohio Game Notes
- D.J Cooper recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Reggie Keely and D.J Cooper) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (11).
- Reggie Keely has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Ivo Baltic has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- This game was the 24th double-digit assist game of D.J Cooper's career.
- D.J Cooper recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 22nd of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Reggie Keely's career.
- Reggie Keely has four straight double-digit point games.