Davidson held Furman to only 25 percent from the floor and blew out the Paladins 73-36 in conference action on Wednesday, Feb. 20. Davidson went up 39-12 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. The Wildcats stay unbeaten against Furman this season at 2-0. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Jake Cohen with 12 points and 11 rebounds. De`Mon Brooks played his way to a double-double as well with a team-high 15 points and 10 rebounds. For the Paladins, Larry Wideman finished with a game-high 18 points and four rebounds. Next up for Davidson (20-7, 15-1 SoCon) is Montana (19-5, 15-1 Big Sky) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Davidson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:20 left to go.
- Davidson started 20-7 during the 2011 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Furman extended the Davidson winning streak to 11 games.
- Davidson beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Davidson has been on the winning end of 49 blowout games.
- The Wildcats have won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Davidson has won every game this season (12-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- Davidson has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Davidson has won 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Jake Cohen has 12 points or more, 75 percent of the time (12-4) when De`Mon Brooks has five field goals made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Nik Cochran has three three-pointers or more.
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 11 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Davidson has a 20.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- De`Mon Brooks recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- The top two rebounders (Jake Cohen and De`Mon Brooks) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- De`Mon Brooks has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Jake Cohen has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- De`Mon Brooks recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- De`Mon Brooks recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and sixth of his career.
- De`Mon Brooks had a career high with six offensive rebounds.
- Jake Cohen recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jake Cohen has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Jake Cohen recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and seventh of his career.
Furman Game Notes
- This was the seventh blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Furman has been on the losing end of 26 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Paladins losing streak to seven games.
- Larry Wideman accounted for 50.0 percent of the team's points.
- Larry Wideman has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Kendrec Ferrara has led the team in rebounding eight times in 26 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Colin Reddick.