|Houston||J Young 17.3||T Thomas 9.9||J Thompson 3.2|
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.8||D Stephens 6.6||J Jackson 4.7|
On Wednesday, Houston visits FedEx Forum to take on No. 21 Memphis. It gets started at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on CSS. The Cougars are 2-6 against the Tigers over the last four years. They lost 89-55 the last time they played (Jan. 14, 2012).
Houston is in eigth place in the C-USA, Memphis is in first place.
In spite of 31 points and 15 rebounds from TaShawn Thomas, the Cougars came up short 101-92 against Tulsa on Feb. 16. With 9.9 rebounds per game, 1.9 blocks per game, and 1.2 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Tigers, Adonis Thomas finished with 23 points and 10 rebounds in the 71-59 win over Marshall on Feb. 16. He contributes 4.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.4 points per game.
- TaShawn Thomas is ranked 3rd in C-USA in points, 27th nationally in rebounds, and 5th in C-USA in blocks.
- Houston has come back to win after being down at half against Memphis three times since 1996.
- Joseph Young is ranked 7th in C-USA in points and 7th in C-USA in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Houston currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (910 to 1000) than Memphis, per the NCAA.
- The Houston scoring leader (TaShawn Thomas, 405 points) has more points than the Memphis scoring leader (Joe Jackson, 346 points).
- The Houston three-point leader (Jherrod Stiggers, 56 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Memphis three-point leader (Chris Crawford, 30 three-pointers).
- The Houston rebounding leader (TaShawn Thomas, 237 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Memphis rebounding leader (D.J. Stephens, 166 rebounds).
- Houston is better under pressure, and has defeated Memphis in five out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- Jherrod Stiggers is ranked 4th in C-USA in three-pointers.