(18-8, 3-7 away)
(2) Miami 54
(22-3, 12-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Harris 16
||A Mitchell 8
||J Evans 7
||S Larkin 11
||R Johnson 7
||S Larkin 6
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, No. 2 Miami (FL) took on Virginia and defeated the Cavaliers 54-50 in conference action. The Hurricanes were led by Shane Larkin, who put up a team-high 11 points and six assists. Kenny Kadji had seven points and added six rebounds. For the Cavaliers, Joe Harris got a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Miami (FL) (21-3, 13-0 ACC) takes on Wake Forest (11-14, 4-9 ACC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The win over Virginia extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to 14 games.
- The Hurricanes have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Miami (FL) is 25-29 in close games.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (17-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.8 percent or better.
- The Hurricanes have won every game this season (7-0) after recording seven or more blocks.
- Miami (FL) has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Miami (FL) has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 94 percent of the time (15-1) when Shane Larkin has 11 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Durand Scott plays 37 minutes or more, and 91 percent of the time (10-1) when Julian Gamble has four field goals made or more.
- The Hurricanes have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Miami (FL) has a 17.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Julian Gamble and Reggie Johnson) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- Julian Gamble has led the team in rebounding in five out of 25 games this season.
- Julian Gamble had a career high with four blocks.
Virginia Game Notes
- The Cavaliers have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia is 21-31 in close games.
- Joe Harris accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Akil Mitchell and Joe Harris) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring 18 times in 26 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- Joe Harris has seven straight double-digit point games.