Nevada got beat at home by Fresno State 69-64 in overtime on Tuesday, Feb. 19. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Cole Huff put up eight points and six rebounds in a losing effort. Malik Story scored six points and added six rebounds. Tyler Johnson got a game-high 19 points and four rebounds for the Bulldogs. Nevada (12-13, 3-8 MWC) goes to San Diego State (19-7, 7-5 MWC) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Nevada Game Notes
- Nevada has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Wolf Pack have played in nine overtime games with a record of 5-4.
- The Wolf Pack have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Nevada is 32-28 in close games.
- Nevada has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording 64 or fewer total points.
- The Wolf Pack have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Nevada has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Nevada has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Nevada set a season low for steals (three).
- Nevada has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Wolf Pack opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Nevada has a 2.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Deonte Burton has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 25 games this season.
- Cole Huff has led the team in rebounding in four out of 25 games this season.
- Deonte Burton has 12 straight double-digit point games.
Fresno State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Fresno State is 17-40 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Tyler Johnson and Kevin Foster) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring seven times in 25 games this season.
- Kevin Foster has three straight double-digit point games.