Wyoming allowed San Diego State to shoot 68.2 percent from the field and was punished by the Aztecs 79-51 in conference play on Tuesday, Feb. 19. Wyoming was never really in this one, as they trailed 37-13 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Derrious Gilmore put up a team-high 15 points and four rebounds in the Cowboys loss. Josh Adams scored six points and added two rebounds. Jamaal Franklin got a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds for the Aztecs. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Wyoming (18-8, 4-8 MWC) welcomes UNLV (19-7, 6-5 MWC).
Wyoming Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:27 left to go.
- The last time Wyoming started the season 18-8 was 2011.
- Wyoming has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Cowboys have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 37.7 percent or worse.
- Wyoming set a season low for rebounds (16).
- The top two scorers (Derrious Gilmore and Matt Sellers) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Derek Cooke Jr and Derrious Gilmore) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Derrious Gilmore has led the team in scoring in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Derrious Gilmore has four straight double-digit point games.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and Dwayne Polee II) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (40) than the starters (39).
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- J.J. O`Brien has three straight double-digit point games.