(18-8, 6-5 away)
San Diego State 79
(19-7, 13-2 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
|San Diego State
||D Gilmore 15
||D Gilmore 4
||N Sobey 2
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 20
||J Franklin 7
||C Tapley 7
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, San Diego State shot 68.2 percent from the floor and won big against Wyoming 79-51 in conference play. San Diego State jumped out to a huge 37-13 lead at halftime and never let up. The Aztecs even the season series against Wyoming at 1-1 with the win. The Aztecs were led by Jamaal Franklin, who got a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds. Skylar Spencer had eight points and added six rebounds. Derrious Gilmore finished with a team-high 15 points and four rebounds for the Cowboys. San Diego State (19-7, 7-5 MWC) gets Nevada (12-12, 3-7 MWC) at home on Saturday, Feb. 23.
San Diego State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:27 left to go.
- The last time SDSU started the season 19-7 was 2009.
- SDSU beat the spread by 17 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Aztecs have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SDSU has been on the winning end of 35 blowout games.
- The Aztecs have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- San Diego State has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- SDSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- SDSU has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season San Diego State has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Jamaal Franklin has 20 points or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Skylar Spencer has six rebounds or more.
- The Aztecs set a season high for field goal percentage (68.2).
- The last time SDSU had a field goal percentage of 68.2 percent or higher was Dec 12, 2006 against Campbell.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--SDSU has a 17.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and Dwayne Polee II) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (40) than the starters (39).
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- J.J. O`Brien has three straight double-digit point games.
Wyoming Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Derrious Gilmore and Matt Sellers) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Derek Cooke Jr and Derrious Gilmore) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Derrious Gilmore has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- Derrious Gilmore has four straight double-digit point games.
|C||Derek Cooke Jr||10||2||4||0||0||0||2|
|C-||Larry Nance Jr||31||4||0||1||1||1||1|
|A||Dwayne Polee II||18||16||5||0||0||0||3|