On Tuesday, Feb. 19, No. 24 Virginia Commonwealth took on Saint Louis and lost in front of the home crowd against the Billikens 76-62 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Saint Louis up 38-21. Juvonte Reddic got a game-high 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Rams, earning a double-double. Treveon Graham got a double-double as well with 11 points and 10 rebounds. For the Billikens, Dwayne Evans got 14 points and eight rebounds. Virginia Commonwealth (20-6, 8-3 A-10) gets Xavier (13-10, 6-4 A-10) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:12 left to go.
- The last time VCU started the season 21-6 was 2007.
- Virginia Commonwealth has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording five or fewer steals.
- VCU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Rams have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Virginia Commonwealth has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 21 times in 27 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Juvonte Reddic recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 16th of his career.
- Treveon Graham recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Treveon Graham recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Melvin Johnson has three straight double-digit point games.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jordair Jett and Mike McCall Jr) accounted for 40.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dwayne Evans and Mike McCall Jr) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordair Jett has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 25 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has eight straight double-digit point games.