North Carolina 70
(18-8, 5-6 away)
Georgia Tech 58
(14-11, 12-5 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Michael McAdoo 22
||J Michael McAdoo 11
||D Strickland 7
||C Bolden 12
||D Miller 12
||M Udofia 4
North Carolina turned the ball over only nine times and got a road victory against Georgia Tech 70-58 in conference action on Tuesday, Feb. 19. The Tar Heels stay unbeaten against Georgia Tech this season at 2-0. The Tar Heels got a double-double out of James Michael McAdoo with a game-high 22 points and 11 rebounds. Dexter Strickland also had a decent outing, scoring four points and adding seven assists. Robert Carter got nine points and eight rebounds for the Yellow Jackets. North Carolina (18-8, 8-5 ACC) hosts NC State (18-7, 7-5 ACC) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
North Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- The last time UNC started the season 18-8 was 2003.
- UNC beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Tar Heels have beaten the spread.
- North Carolina has won every game this season (4-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- The Tar Heels have won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after recording 19 or more assists.
- UNC has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- This season North Carolina has won 76 percent of the time (13-4) when P.J. Hairston has 10 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when James Michael McAdoo has four free throws made or more, and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Marcus Paige has five assists or more.
- North Carolina has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- James Michael McAdoo accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Michael McAdoo and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 47.3 percent of the rebounds.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of James Michael McAdoo's career.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
- P.J. Hairston has five straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marcus Georges-Hunt and Chris Bolden) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daniel Miller and Robert Carter) accounted for 46.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 25 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has four straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Miller recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daniel Miller set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||8||0||2||0||0||0||0|