North Carolina 70
(18-8, 5-6 away)
Georgia Tech 58
(14-11, 12-5 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Michael McAdoo 22
||J Michael McAdoo 11
||D Strickland 7
||C Bolden 12
||D Miller 12
||M Udofia 4
Georgia Tech forced only nine turnovers and lost at home against North Carolina 70-58 in conference play on Tuesday, Feb. 19. The Yellow Jackets are now 0-2 against North Carolina this season. Robert Carter put up nine points and eight rebounds in a losing effort. Daniel Miller had six points and added 12 rebounds. James Michael McAdoo recorded a double-double for the Tar Heels with a game-high 22 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Georgia Tech (14-11, 4-9 ACC) is Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) on Sunday, Feb. 24 on the road.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- The last time GT started the season 14-11 was 1998.
- Georgia Tech has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- GT set a season low for free throws made (four).
- This is the 15th game at home this season--GT has a 9.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Georges-Hunt and Chris Bolden) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daniel Miller and Robert Carter) accounted for 46.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- Daniel Miller has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 25 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has four straight double-digit point games.
- Daniel Miller recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Daniel Miller had a career high with nine defensive rebounds.
North Carolina Game Notes
- James Michael McAdoo accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (James Michael McAdoo and Reggie Bullock) accounted for 47.3 percent of the rebounds.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of James Michael McAdoo's career.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded a double-double. It was the ninth of his career.
- P.J. Hairston has five straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
|-||S. Poole, Jr.||8||0||2||0||0||0||0|