Nicholls State 74
(7-17, 3-12 away)
(3-23, 1-8 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 19, 2013
||T Carpenter 17
||T Carpenter 6
||F Hunter 4
||A Wilson 23
||S Brown 11
||D Minor 7
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Lamar was outscored 27-0 from beyond the arc by Nicholls State and was beaten at home by the Colonels 74-63 in conference play. Amos Wilson got a season-high 23 points and seven rebounds for the Cardinals. Rhon Mitchell played his way to a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. For the Colonels, T.J. Carpenter finished with a team-high 17 points and six rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Cardinals. Next up for Lamar (3-23, 1-13 SLC) is Texas State (7-19, 3-11 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 at home.
Lamar Game Notes
- Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording zero or fewer three-pointers.
- The Cardinals have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a three-point percentage of 0.0 percent or worse.
- Lamar has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Lamar has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition commits 11 or fewer turnovers this season, Lamar has lost 93 percent of the time (1-14).
- Lamar set season lows for three-pointers (zero) and three-point percentage (0.0).
- The Cardinals have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 11 games.
- Lamar has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--Lamar has a -9.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Amos Wilson accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stanford Brown and Rhon Mitchell) accounted for 55.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Amos Wilson has led the team in scoring in six out of 26 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Rhon Mitchell recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rhon Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Donnell Minton.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Amos Wilson's career.
- Stanford Brown recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Donley Minor had a career high with seven assists.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Hondo Webb.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (T.J. Carpenter and Fred Hunter) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- T.J. Carpenter has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding five times in 24 games this season.
- Fred Hunter has six straight double-digit point games.