Utah State 68
(18-7, 7-3 away)
Brigham Young 70
(20-8, 15-2 home)
Venue: Marriott Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||S Butterfield 21
||S Butterfield 14
||S Butterfield 5
||T Haws 27
||C Cusick 5
||M Carlino 5
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Utah State let one slip to Brigham Young 70-68. The Aggies got a double-double out of Spencer Butterfield with a team-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. Jordan Stone had a season-high nine points and added three rebounds. Tyler Haws finished with a game-high 27 points and two rebounds for the Cougars. Next up for Utah State (18-7, 9-5 WAC) is Illinois State (16-11, 7-8 The Valley) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Utah State Game Notes
- Utah State started 18-7 during the 2007, 2006, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- USU beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Utah State is 26-20 in close games.
- The Aggies have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Utah State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Spencer Butterfield accounted for 30.8 percent of the team's points.
- Spencer Butterfield accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Spencer Butterfield has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 8 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Spencer Butterfield's career.
- Spencer Butterfield has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Spencer Butterfield recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Jarred Shaw has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jarred Shaw.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- Tyler Haws accounted for 38.5 percent of the team's points.
- Tyler Haws has led the team in scoring 15 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Tyler Haws's career.
- Tyler Haws has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Haws set a career high with 12 free throws made.
- Brandon Davies has 12 straight double-digit point games.