Nicholls State 74
(7-17, 3-12 away)
(3-23, 1-8 home)
Venue: Montagne Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 19, 2013
||T Carpenter 17
||T Carpenter 6
||F Hunter 4
||A Wilson 23
||S Brown 11
||D Minor 7
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Nicholls State outscored Lamar 27-0 from behind the three-point line and won on the road against the Cardinals 74-63 in conference action. The Colonels got the win with a team-high 17 points and six rebounds from T.J. Carpenter. Fred Hunter also had a solid game, scoring 15 points and adding four rebounds. For the Cardinals, Amos Wilson got a season-high 23 points and seven rebounds. Nicholls State (7-17, 6-8 SLC) takes on Texas-San Antonio (6-19, 2-12 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- Nicholls State started 7-17 during the 2009 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- The Colonels set season highs for assists (18) and three-point percentage (56.3).
- The last time Nicholls State had a three-point percentage of 56.3 percent or higher was Dec 16, 2010 against Dillard.
- Nicholls State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (T.J. Carpenter and Fred Hunter) accounted for 43.2 percent of the points.
- T.J. Carpenter has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 5 times in 24 games this season.
- Fred Hunter has six straight double-digit point games.
Lamar Game Notes
- This loss extended the Cardinals losing streak to three games.
- Amos Wilson accounted for 36.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Stanford Brown and Rhon Mitchell) accounted for 55.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Amos Wilson has led the team in scoring six times in 26 games this season.
- Stanford Brown has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Rhon Mitchell recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rhon Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Donnell Minton.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Amos Wilson's career.
- Stanford Brown recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Donley Minor set a career high with seven assists.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Hondo Webb.