Northwestern State 82
(19-6, 8-5 away)
Texas A&M-CC 71
(4-20, 2-8 home)
Venue: American Bank Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J West 17
||M Fraizer 4
||J West 5
||N Maxey 15
||J Williamson 6
||J Jordan 5
On an evening when they turned the ball over 17 times, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi took a home loss to Northwestern State 82-71 in conference play. Joy Williamson got 14 points and six rebounds for the Islanders. Hameed Ali had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Demons, Jalan West finished with a game-high 17 points and five assists. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (4-20, 3-11 SLC) hosts Cal State Fullerton (12-13, 5-8 Big West) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- The last time TAMUCC started the season 4-20 was 2011.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after recording three or fewer blocks.
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.3 percent or better this season, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--TAMUCC has a -7.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Nate Maxey and Joy Williamson) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (16).
- The bench recorded more points (43) than the starters (28).
- Johnathan Jordan has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 24 games this season.
- Johnathan Jordan has three straight double-digit point games.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (60) than the starters (22).
- Jalan West has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Marvin Fraizer has led the team in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.