Northwestern State got a win on the road against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 82-71 in SLC action on a night when they turned the ball over only nine times. The Demons got the win with a game-high 17 points and five assists from Jalan West. James Hulbin had 11 points and added three rebounds. For the Islanders, Joy Williamson got 14 points and six rebounds. Next up for Northwestern State (19-6, 13-2 SLC) is Niagara (16-11, 12-4 MAAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Northwestern State Game Notes
- The win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi extended the Northwestern State winning streak to nine games.
- The Demons have won every game this season (8-0) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- Northwestern State has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when its field goal percentage has been 47.3 percent or better.
- NSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.8 percent three-point percentage.
- NSU has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 12 or fewer assists.
- This season Northwestern State has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when James Hulbin has 11 points or more and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Jalan West has four field goals made or more.
- NSU set a season low for blocks (one).
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (60) than the starters (22).
- Jalan West has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Marvin Fraizer has led the team in rebounding in six out of 25 games this season.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Nate Maxey and Joy Williamson) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (16).
- The bench recorded more points (43) than the starters (28).
- Johnathan Jordan has led the team in rebounding seven times in 24 games this season.
- Johnathan Jordan has three straight double-digit point games.