(18-8, 2-6 away)
Boston College 69
(12-14, 10-8 home)
Venue: Silvio O. Conte Forum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||L Aronhalt 26
||A Len 8
||N Faust 5
||O Hanlan 26
||E Odio 11
||L Jackson 2
Boston College squared off with Maryland on Tuesday, Feb. 19 and came out on top against the Terrapins 69-58 in conference play. With the win, the Eagles even the season series against Maryland at 1-1. The Eagles got the win with a season-high 26 points and seven rebounds from Olivier Hanlan. Eddie Odio had eight points and added 11 rebounds. For the Terrapins, Logan Aronhalt got a season-high 26 points, including 7-of-12 shooting from three-point range. Next up for Boston College (12-14, 4-9 ACC) is sixth-ranked Duke (22-3, 9-3 ACC) on Sunday, Feb. 24 on the road.
Boston College Game Notes
- BC beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- BC has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Boston College has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Patrick Heckmann plays 33 minutes or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Olivier Hanlan has seven rebounds or more.
- The Eagles set a season high for blocks (six).
- The last time BC recorded at least six blocks was Jan 02, 2012 against Rhode Island.
- The Eagles have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Boston College has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fifth win of the season where the Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--BC has a 2.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Eddie Odio recorded a team season high in blocks with six.
- Olivier Hanlan accounted for 37.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Eddie Odio and Patrick Heckmann) accounted for 51.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Olivier Hanlan has led the team in scoring in nine out of 26 games this season.
- Eddie Odio has led the team in rebounding in three out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Olivier Hanlan's career.
- Patrick Heckmann had a career high with eight rebounds.
- Eddie Odio recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
Maryland Game Notes
- Logan Aronhalt recorded a team season high in points with 26, three-pointers with seven, and three pointers attempted with 12.
- Logan Aronhalt accounted for 44.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Len and Jake Layman) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (36) than the starters (22).
- Logan Aronhalt has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Logan Aronhalt's career.
- Logan Aronhalt set a career high with seven three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Alex Len.
|C||Andrew Van Nest||9||5||0||0||0||0||0|