Southern Illinois 45
(11-16, 4-11 away)
(22-6, 14-2 home)
Venue: CenturyLink Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Early 12
||A Beane Jr. 6
||K Brown-Surles 5
||G Gibbs 13
||D McDermott 7
||G Gibbs 5
Creighton squared off with Southern Illinois on Tuesday, Feb. 19 and came out on top against the Salukis 59-45 in The Valley action. With a record of 2-0, the Bluejays stay undefeated against Southern Illinois this season. Grant Gibbs guided the Bluejays and put up a game-high 13 points and five rebounds. Doug McDermott had 10 points and added seven rebounds. Jeff Early got a team-high 12 points and five rebounds for the Salukis. Next up for Creighton (22-6, 11-5 The Valley) is Saint Mary's (22-5, 11-2 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Creighton Game Notes
- Creighton started 22-6 during the 2008 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Creighton has won every game this season (13-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.3 percent or better.
- The Bluejays have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- Creighton has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Creighton has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Creighton has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- This season Creighton has won 81 percent of the time (21-5) when Doug McDermott has 10 points or more, 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Austin Chatman plays 33 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Grant Gibbs has five assists or more.
- Creighton set season lows for blocks (zero), field goals made (20), and three-pointers (two).
- Creighton has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Creighton has a 17.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Will Artino and Grant Gibbs) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 28 games this season.
- Doug McDermott has four straight double-digit point games.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jeff Early and Anthony Beane Jr.) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Beane Jr. and Jeff Early) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Jeff Early has led the team in scoring nine times in 27 games this season.
- Jeff Early has three straight double-digit point games.
|B||A. Beane Jr.||25||10||6||1||0||0||1|