Southern Illinois 45
(11-16, 4-11 away)
(22-6, 14-2 home)
Venue: CenturyLink Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Early 12
||A Beane Jr. 6
||K Brown-Surles 5
||G Gibbs 13
||D McDermott 7
||G Gibbs 5
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Southern Illinois was beaten at home by Creighton 59-45 in conference play. The Salukis are now 0-2 against Creighton this season. Jeff Early put up a team-high 12 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Kendal Brown-Surles had six points and added five assists. Grant Gibbs got a game-high 13 points and five rebounds for the Bluejays. Next up for Southern Illinois (11-16, 4-12 The Valley) is Miami (OH) (8-16, 3-9 MAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois started 11-16 during the 2010 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- SIU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Salukis have beaten the spread.
- The Salukis have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.3 percent or worse.
- Southern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording six or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.3 percent or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Southern Illinois has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition records 31 or more rebounds this season, Southern Illinois has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- SIU set season lows for field goals made (18) and total points (45).
- The top two scorers (Jeff Early and Anthony Beane Jr.) accounted for 48.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Beane Jr. and Jeff Early) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Jeff Early has led the team in scoring in nine out of 27 games this season.
- Jeff Early has three straight double-digit point games.
Creighton Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Will Artino and Grant Gibbs) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 28 games this season.
- Doug McDermott has four straight double-digit point games.
|B||A. Beane Jr.||25||10||6||1||0||0||1|