(8-18, 2-11 away)
(15) Butler 68
(22-5, 13-1 home)
Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||D Colter 11
||J Jones 5
||S Johnson 3
||R Clarke 16
||A Smith 10
||R Jones 5
On an evening when they scored 30 points from three-point territory, No. 15 Butler easily knocked off Duquesne 68-49 in conference action. The Bulldogs got the win with six points and seven rebounds from Alex Barlow. Andrew Smith also put in a solid effort, scoring eight points and adding 10 rebounds. For the Dukes, Derrick Colter finished with a team-high 11 points and two rebounds. Butler (22-5, 9-3 A-10) gets Saint Louis (19-5, 8-2 A-10) on their home court on Friday, Feb. 22.
Butler Game Notes
- Butler beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Butler has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 47.6 percent or better.
- Butler has won every game this season (4-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- The Bulldogs have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- Butler has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 49 or fewer total points.
- Butler has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Butler has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Rotnei Clarke has 16 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Roosevelt Jones plays 30 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Khyle Marshall has six field goals made or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Butler has a 13.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Andrew Smith recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Rotnei Clarke and Khyle Marshall) accounted for 44.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andrew Smith and Roosevelt Jones) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Rotnei Clarke has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 27 games this season.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Andrew Smith recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Andrew Smith had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
Duquesne Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Derrick Colter and Jerry Jones) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- Derrick Colter has led the team in scoring 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Jerry Jones has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Derrick Colter has three straight double-digit point games.