On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Northern Iowa took on Missouri State and won on the road versus the Bears 69-63 in The Valley action. With a record of 2-0, the Panthers remain unbeaten against Missouri State this season. Seth Tuttle picked up a double-double for the Panthers including a team-high 19 points and 12 rebounds. Anthony James also had an outstanding outing, scoring 17 points and adding eight assists. For the Bears, Marcus Marshall finished with a season-high 25 points and two rebounds. The Panthers are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Northern Iowa (17-11, 10-6 The Valley) is Denver (17-8, 13-2 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 at home.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The last time UNI started the season 17-11 was 2011.
- The win over Missouri State extended the Northern Iowa winning streak to six games.
- UNI beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- Northern Iowa has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8 percent or better.
- UNI has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record zero or fewer blocks.
- This season Northern Iowa has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Matt Bohannon has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Anthony James has five free throws made or more, and 71 percent of the time (15-6) when Jake Koch has five rebounds or more.
- UNI set a season low for turnovers (five).
- The Panthers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Seth Tuttle recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- The top two scorers (Seth Tuttle and Anthony James) accounted for 52.1 percent of the points.
- Seth Tuttle accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 14 times in 28 games this season.
- Anthony James had a career high with eight assists.
- Seth Tuttle recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Seth Tuttle recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and seventh of his career.
- Seth Tuttle had a career high with 12 rebounds.
Missouri State Game Notes
- Marcus Marshall accounted for 39.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Keith Pickens and Christian Kirk) accounted for 48.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Marshall has led the team in scoring eight times in 28 games this season.
- Keith Pickens has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Marcus Marshall's career.
- Christian Kirk has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Nathan Scheer.