High Point 78
(16-10, 7-7 away)
Virginia Military 67
(11-14, 7-5 home)
Venue: Cameron Hall
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Brown 21
||J Brown 9
||D Edwards 10
||S Okoye 22
||D Covington 8
||J Carr 7
Virginia Military Institute lost at home against High Point 78-67 in conference play on Tuesday, Feb. 19. The Keydets are now 0-2 against High Point this season. Stan Okoye put up a game-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Keydets. D.J. Covington had 18 points and added eight rebounds. For the Panthers, John Brown finished with a team-high 21 points and nine rebounds. Virginia Military Institute (11-14, 6-7 Big South) gets Charleston Southern (14-9, 9-3 Big South) on the road on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- The last time VMI started the season 11-14 was 1998.
- Virginia Military Institute has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 67 or fewer total points.
- The Keydets have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after having a field goal percentage of 41.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.1 percent or better this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- Virginia Military Institute has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Keydets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--VMI has a 12.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Stan Okoye accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- D.J. Covington has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 46th 20-point game of Stan Okoye's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Joe Carr.
- D.J. Covington has five straight double-digit point games.
High Point Game Notes
- Derrell Edwards recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (John Brown and Dejuan McGaughy) accounted for 42.3 percent of the points.
- John Brown has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of John Brown's career.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Derrell Edwards's career.