On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Winthrop took on Gardner-Webb and was beaten at home by the Bulldogs 65-52 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Eagles were led by Andre Smith, who put up 10 points and five assists. Joab Jerome had 15 points and added three rebounds. Jerome Hill registered a double-double for the Bulldogs with a season-high 18 points and 11 rebounds. Winthrop (11-15, 5-9 Big South) takes on Southeastern Louisiana (10-13, 8-5 SLC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Winthrop has lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 65 or more total points this season, Winthrop has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 35.7 percent or better this season, Winthrop has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- When the opposition records 37 or more rebounds this season, Winthrop has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Eagles have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past six games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Eagles opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and Andre Smith) accounted for 48.0 percent of the points.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for James Bourne.
- Joab Jerome has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Shola Diop.
Gardner-Webb Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jerome Hill and Tyler Strange) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Hartley and Jerome Hill) accounted for 59.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Hartley has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 28 games this season.
- Kevin Hartley recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kevin Hartley set a career high with five offensive rebounds.
- Tyler Strange set a career high with 14 points.
- Jerome Hill recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jerome Hill recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Donta Harper has four straight double-digit point games.