UNC Asheville 64
(15-13, 6-9 away)
Coastal Carolina 65
(13-12, 11-3 home)
Venue: Kimbel Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||J Atkinson 18
||W Weeks 6
||T Meyer 3
||A Raffa 22
||E Hadji Ndieguene 9
||W Gillis 5
Coastal Carolina nipped North Carolina-Asheville 65-64 in conference action on Tuesday, Feb. 19. The Chanticleers even the season series against North Carolina-Asheville at 1-1 with the win. Anthony Raffa played brilliantly for the Chanticleers and put up a game-high 22 points (4 Ast 3 Stl). Badou Diagne had 12 points and added six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Corey Littlejohn finished with a season-high 12 points and five rebounds. Coastal Carolina (13-12, 8-6 Big South) travels to Western Carolina (11-16, 8-7 SoCon) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- Coastal Carolina started 13-12 during the 2007, 2006, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- The Chanticleers have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Coastal Carolina is 27-25 in close games.
- The Chanticleers have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 14 or more assists.
- CCAR has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Coastal Carolina has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when El Hadji Ndieguene has nine rebounds or more.
- The Chanticleers set a season high for steals (15).
- Coastal Carolina has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Anthony Raffa accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (El Hadji Ndieguene and Badou Diagne) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 25 games this season.
- El Hadji Ndieguene has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 32nd 20-point game of Anthony Raffa's career.
- Anthony Raffa has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Gillis had career highs with five assists and four steals.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, North Carolina-Asheville is 24-24 in close games.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Corey Littlejohn) accounted for 46.8 percent of the points.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 14 times in 28 games this season.
- Will Weeks has led the team in rebounding five times in 28 games this season.
- Jon Nwannunu set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 15 straight double-digit point games.