(1) Indiana 72
(24-3, 8-1 away)
(4) Michigan State 68
(22-5, 15-1 home)
Venue: Breslin Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||V Oladipo 19
||V Oladipo 9
||K Ferrell 5
||G Harris 19
||A Payne 7
||D Nix 3
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, No. 1 Indiana got the win against No. 4 Michigan State 72-68 in conference action. The Hoosiers remain unbeaten 6-0 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Victor Oladipo played well for the Hoosiers and put up a game-high 19 points and nine rebounds. Cody Zeller also had a good outing, scoring 17 points and adding five rebounds. For the Spartans, Adreian Payne got 17 points and seven rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Hoosiers. Next up for Indiana (23-3, 11-2 Big Ten) is Minnesota (18-7, 6-6 Big Ten) on Tuesday, Feb. 26 on the road.
Indiana Game Notes
- The win over Michigan State extended the Indiana winning streak to four games.
- IU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Hoosiers have beaten the spread.
- The Hoosiers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Indiana is 23-24 in close games.
- Prior to this game, IU played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 13-32.
- Indiana has won every game this season (8-0) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- The Hoosiers have won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- Indiana has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) when its three-point percentage has been 44.4 percent or better.
- IU has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- IU has won every game this season (12-0) after holding an opponent to under 26.7 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Indiana has won 94 percent of the time (16-1) when Christian Watford has 12 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Victor Oladipo plays 30 minutes or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Jordan Hulls has four field goals made or more.
- The Hoosiers have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 10 games.
- Indiana has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- Cody Zeller recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 16.
- The top two scorers (Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Victor Oladipo has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 7 times in 27 games this season.
- Christian Watford has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller has seven straight double-digit point games.
Michigan State Game Notes
- The Spartans have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Michigan State is 37-19 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Gary Harris and Adreian Payne) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Gary Harris has led the team in scoring nine times in 27 games this season.
- Denzel Valentine has led the team in rebounding five times in 27 games this season.
- Gary Harris has three straight double-digit point games.
- Adreian Payne set career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.