(17) Marquette 67
(19-6, 5-5 away)
Seton Hall 46
(13-14, 9-6 home)
Venue: Prudential Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 19, 2013
||V Blue 19
||J Wilson 9
||D Wilson 5
||F Edwin 14
||K Johnson 5
||F Edwin 3
On Tuesday, Feb. 19, No. 17 Marquette held Seton Hall to just 29.4 percent from the floor and pounded the Pirates 67-46 in conference action. This was anybody's game in the first half, with Marquette up by only two at the break, but then they had a big second half to put the game away. With a record of 2-0, the Golden Eagles stay undefeated against Seton Hall this season. Trent Lockett played well for the Golden Eagles and put up nine points and eight rebounds. Jamil Wilson had 10 points and added nine rebounds. For the Pirates, Fuquan Edwin finished with a team-high 14 points and four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Marquette (19-6, 10-3 Big East) travels to Villanova (17-10, 8-6 Big East).
Marquette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- The last time Marquette started the season 19-6 was 2007.
- Marquette beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Marquette has been on the winning end of 52 blowout games.
- The Golden Eagles have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- Marquette has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- Marquette has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- Marquette has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record nine or fewer free throws made.
- Marquette has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 25.9 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Marquette has won 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Jamil Wilson has 10 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Trent Lockett plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Davante Gardner has six field goals made or more.
- The Golden Eagles set a season high for rebounds (43).
- The last time Marquette recorded at least 43 rebounds was Mar 15, 2012 against Brigham Young.
- The Golden Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- Marquette has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 55.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (18).
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has five straight double-digit point games.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SHU has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to eight games.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Haralds Karlis and Kevin Johnson) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 16 times in 27 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has six straight double-digit point games.
|B||S. Taylor Jr.||9||2||5||0||0||0||0|