On Tuesday, Feb. 19, Seton Hall shot just 29.4 percent from the field and lost big against No. 17 Marquette 67-46 in conference play. The game got away from Seton Hall in the second half after they trailed by just two points heading into the locker room. With the loss, the Pirates remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-7 for the season. Fuquan Edwin put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) in the Pirates loss. Kyle Smyth scored nine points and added two rebounds. Trent Lockett got nine points and eight rebounds for the Golden Eagles. The Pirates are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for Seton Hall (13-14, 2-12 Big East) is 10th-ranked Louisville (21-5, 9-4 Big East) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- The last time SHU started the season 13-14 was 2006.
- Prior to this game, SHU played 46 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-38.
- Seton Hall has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 15 or fewer field goals made.
- The Pirates have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a three-point percentage of 25.9 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.1 percent or better this season, Seton Hall has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 67 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Seton Hall has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- SHU set season lows for field goal percentage (29.4), rebounds (24), and total points (46).
- The Pirates have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--SHU has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Fuquan Edwin accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Haralds Karlis and Kevin Johnson) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 27 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has six straight double-digit point games.
Marquette Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 55.2 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (20) than the starters (18).
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 14 times in 25 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has led the team in rebounding seven times in 25 games this season.
- Jamil Wilson has five straight double-digit point games.