|VCU||T Graham 15.8||J Reddic 8.1||D Theus 4.8|
|Saint Louis||D Evans 11.7||D Evans 6.9||J Jett 3.6|
No. 24 Virginia Commonwealth visits Chaifetz Arena on Tuesday to take on Saint Louis. It takes place at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Rams are 2-0 against the Billikens over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 31, 2010) they won 71-65.
Saint Louis and Virginia Commonwealth are packed together in the conference, holding down second and first place, respectively.
In their last matchup on Feb. 16, Juvonte Reddic put up 24 points and 10 rebounds as the Rams ran it up on George Washington 84-57. He contributes a team-high 8.1 rebounds per game and 0.9 blocks per game. For the Billikens, Dwayne Evans put up 11 points and 7 rebounds in the 76-58 blowout of Charlotte on Feb. 16. He leads the team in points with 11.7 per game and rebounds with 6.9 per game. Saint Louis ranks first in their conference in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0 percent, which also places them 22nd in the country.
Saint Louis StatSmack
- Virginia Commonwealth is ranked higher than Saint Louis in the A-10 (No. 1 vs. No. 2).
- Virginia Commonwealth has a stronger schedule than Saint Louis this season (SOS Rank: No. 82 vs. No. 107).
- Virginia Commonwealth has a potent offense, scoring more points (77.8 per game vs. 68.2 per game) than Saint Louis this season.
- Diaper Dandies love Virginia Commonwealth. Virginia Commonwealth has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Saint Louis (2 vs. 1).
- Even computers respect Virginia Commonwealth more. Virginia Commonwealth has a better RPI this season than Saint Louis (RPI: No. 37 vs. No. 56).
- Darius Theus is ranked 4th in the A-10 in assists and 9th nationally in steals.
- AP voters think more highly of Virginia Commonwealth and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Saint Louis (12 vs. one).
- A for effort, but Virginia Commonwealth has emerged victorious against Saint Louis the last two times they've played.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Virginia Commonwealth currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 923) than Saint Louis, per the NCAA.
|B-||Mike McCall Jr||30||10||3||3||1||0||2|