|Florida State||M Snaer 14.0||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
|NC State||C Leslie 15.6||R Howell 11.0||L Brown 6.7|
On Tuesday, Florida State travels to PNC Arena to take on NC State. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN2/ESPN3.com. The Seminoles are 4-2 against the Wolfpack over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 18, 2012) they won 76-62.
NC State is holding down the fourth spot in the ACC, right above Florida State in sixth place.
The Seminoles got past Boston College 69-66 on Feb. 16 with the help of 21 points and 6 rebounds from Michael Snaer. He paces the team in points per game with 14, and assists per game with 2.5. For the Wolfpack, Scott Wood finished with 22 points in the 90-86 win over Virginia Tech on Feb. 16. He is averaging 11.9 points and 3 rebounds per game.
NC State has a statistical edge over Florida State in one specific area, scoring, where the Wolfpack have the upper hand over the Seminoles, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. Areas of strength for NC State include: effective field goal percentage at 54.5 percent and free throw rate at 41.5 percent.
NC State StatSmack
- Florida State waxed NC State by 14 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- Florida State has a stronger schedule than NC State this season (SOS Rank: No. 10 vs. No. 20).
- The Florida State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than NC State (73 percent vs. 60 percent).
- Okaro White is ranked 10th in the ACC in blocks.
- Florida State has more wins over the last 5 years than NC State (128 vs. 108).
- Florida State has an average margin of victory of 12 over NC State in 21 wins since 1983.
- Michael Snaer is ranked 7th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- Over the past 10 years, Florida State has had more players drafted by the NBA than NC State (nine vs. three).
- Florida State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (67.7 percent to 58.5 percent).
- The Florida State blocks leader (Kiel Turpin, 29 blocks) has more blocks than the NC State blocks leader (C.J. Leslie, 26 blocks).
|C-||T. Whisnant II||19||6||1||1||1||0||0|
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|