Virginia vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|Virginia||J Harris 16.7||A Mitchell 9.0||J Evans 5.0|
|Miami||D Scott 13.4||R Johnson 8.3||S Larkin 4.3|
Virginia heads to BankUnited Center on Tuesday to take on No. 2 Miami (FL). Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPNU. The Cavaliers are 2-4 against the Hurricanes over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 7, 2012) they won 52-51.
Virginia is in third place in the ACC and needs to keep pace with Miami (FL), who is currently in first place.
The Cavaliers were defeated by North Carolina 93-81 on Feb. 16 despite 27 points from Joe Harris. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 16.7 points per contest. For the Hurricanes, Julian Gamble finished with 8 points and 8 rebounds in the 45-43 win over Clemson on Feb. 17. He is averaging 6.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.9 blocks per game. A key area of strength for Miami (FL) is turnover percentage at 17.2 percent, which ranks second in their conference (and 27th nationally).
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- Virginia allows fewer rebounds (30.0 allowed per game vs. 33.9 allowed per game) than Miami this season.
- Virginia has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Miami (No. 24 vs. No. 50).
- Virginia has an average margin of victory of 10 over Miami in five wins since 2004.
- Akil Mitchell is ranked 3rd in the ACC in rebounds and 9th in the ACC in steals.
- The Virginia three-point leader (Joe Harris, 59 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Miami three-point leader (Shane Larkin, 45 three-pointers).
- Virginia has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Miami (No. 21 vs. No. 84).
- Virginia has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Miami ($19,939 vs. $24,396).
- Diaper Dandies love Virginia. Virginia has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Miami (10 vs. 2).
- Virginia beat Miami by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 07, 2012).
- Virginia has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Miami ($20,647 vs. $50,148).