LSU vs. Tennessee: Full Game Preview
|LSU||J O`Bryant III 13.0||J O`Bryant III 8.7||A Hickey 3.9|
|Tennessee||J McRae 13.8||J Stokes 8.6||T Golden 4.0|
On Tuesday, LSU heads to Thompson-Boling Arena to take on Tennessee. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Tigers are 1-4 against the Volunteers over the last four years. They fell 74-69 on Feb. 29, 2012, the last time they met.
This game will undo the logjam of these two teams at seventh place in the SEC.
In an 80-68 win over Mississippi State on Feb. 16, Charles Carmouche put up 21 points and 5 rebounds for the Tigers. In addition to his 9.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 4 rebounds per game. For the Volunteers, Trae Golden put up 24 points and 8 assists in the 88-58 blowout of Kentucky on Feb. 16. He averages 11 points per game in addition to a team-best 4 assists per game. Tennessee ranks first in their conference in free throw rate at 44.0 percent, which also places them 19th in the country.
- LSU is a better three-point shooting team (33.1 percent vs. 29.6 percent) than Tennessee this season.
- LSU has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Tennessee (No. 79 vs. No. 93).
- LSU has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Tennessee ($26,259 vs. $31,926).
- LSU has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Tennessee ($18,118 vs. $24,593).
- Johnny O`Bryant III is ranked 7th in the SEC in rebounds.
- The LSU steals leader (Anthony Hickey, 67 steals) has more steals than the Tennessee steals leader (Josh Richardson, 21 steals).
- The LSU three-point leader (Andre Stringer, 46 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Tennessee three-point leader (Skylar McBee, 37 three-pointers).
- LSU players are more experienced than Tennessee players (11,695 minutes played vs. 11,063 minutes played).
- Diaper Dandies love LSU. LSU has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Tennessee (14 vs. 7).
- Andre Stringer is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
|B-||J. O`Bryant III||28||13||9||2||0||1||3|
|D+||A. Del Piero||13||4||3||0||0||1||1|