|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.4||J Michael McAdoo 8.2||M Paige 4.3|
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.6||R Carter 6.8||M Udofia 3.0|
North Carolina travels to Hank McCamish Pavilion on Tuesday to take on Georgia Tech. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Tar Heels beat the Yellow Jackets 79-63 on Jan. 23 and are 3-4 against them over the last four years.
North Carolina is fourth in the ACC and Georgia Tech is in ninth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, behind 29 points and 7 rebounds from P.J. Hairston, the Tar Heels defeated Virginia 93-81 on Feb. 16. He is putting up 13.5 points per game while also averaging 3.9 rebounds per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Daniel Miller put up 13 points and 6 rebounds in the 57-56 win over Wake Forest on Feb. 16. He is averaging 7.8 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 2.3 per game.
In terms of team stats, North Carolina has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Tar Heels have an edge over the Yellow Jackets, 78 points per game to 64 points per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- The North Carolina scoring leader (James Michael McAdoo, 360 points) has more points than the Georgia Tech scoring leader (Marcus Georges-Hunt, 255 points).
- P.J. Hairston is ranked 6th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- North Carolina has a better conference record than Georgia Tech this season (7-5 vs. 4-8).
- North Carolina has a stronger schedule than Georgia Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 16 vs. No. 116).
- North Carolina has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Tech five times since 1996.
- That must sting. North Carolina has blown out Georgia Tech by 20 points or more on five occasions since 1996.
- The North Carolina basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia Tech (88 percent vs. 36 percent).
- The North Carolina steals leader (James Michael McAdoo, 36 steals) has more steals than the Georgia Tech steals leader (Mfon Udofia, 21 steals).
- North Carolina has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Georgia Tech (two vs. zero).
- Dexter Strickland is ranked 6th in the ACC in assists and 9th in the ACC in steals.
- North Carolina is a better three-point shooting team (36.9 percent vs. 31.1 percent) than Georgia Tech this season.
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||8||2||2||1||0||0||0|