West Virginia 61
(13-13, 4-10 away)
(13) Kansas State 71
(21-5, 16-1 home)
Venue: Bramlage Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||D Kilicli 16
||A Murray 9
||J Staten 8
||W Spradling 19
||J Henriquez 7
||A Rodriguez 7
West Virginia faced off with No. 13 Kansas State on Monday, Feb. 18 and lost in front of the home crowd against the Wildcats 71-61 in conference play. The Mountaineers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-5). Juwan Staten put up eight points and eight assists in a losing effort. Deniz Kilicli had a team-high 16 points and added four rebounds. Will Spradling got a season-high 19 points and four rebounds for the Wildcats. West Virginia (13-13, 6-7 Big 12) gets 14th-ranked Oklahoma State (19-5, 9-3 Big 12) on their home court on Saturday, Feb. 23.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:55 left to go.
- West Virginia started 13-13 during the 2002 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- WVU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 9th time this season the Mountaineers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, WVU played 57 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 20-37.
- West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 17 or fewer field goals made.
- The Mountaineers have lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after having a field goal percentage of 40.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Juwan Staten recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (Deniz Kilicli and Aaric Murray) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- Aaric Murray accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (nine).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (29).
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 26 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Eron Harris.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Will Spradling and Nino Williams) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Henriquez and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Spradling has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Jordan Henriquez has led the team in rebounding five times in 26 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has five straight double-digit point games.
- Will Spradling set a career high with 19 points.
- Angel Rodriguez has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jordan Henriquez.