West Virginia 61
(13-13, 4-10 away)
(13) Kansas State 71
(21-5, 16-1 home)
Venue: Bramlage Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||D Kilicli 16
||A Murray 9
||J Staten 8
||W Spradling 19
||J Henriquez 7
||A Rodriguez 7
On Monday, Feb. 18, No. 13 Kansas State took on West Virginia and defeated the Mountaineers 71-61 in Big 12 action. The Wildcats stay unbeaten against West Virginia this season at 2-0. The Wildcats were led by Will Spradling, who put up a season-high 19 points and four rebounds. Nino Williams had 13 points and added five rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Juwan Staten got eight points and eight assists. Kansas State (20-5, 9-3 Big 12) takes on Texas (11-13, 3-8 Big 12) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Kansas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:55 left to go.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (11-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- Kansas State has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when its three-point percentage has been 37.5 percent or better.
- K-State has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 17 or fewer field goals made.
- K-State has won every game this season (10-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Kansas State has won 80 percent of the time (16-4) when Rodney McGruder has 10 points or more, 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Angel Rodriguez plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Thomas Gipson has four field goals made or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for turnovers (18).
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--K-State has a 17.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Will Spradling and Nino Williams) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Henriquez and Rodney McGruder) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Spradling has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- Jordan Henriquez has led the team in rebounding in five out of 26 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has five straight double-digit point games.
- Will Spradling had a career high with 19 points.
- Angel Rodriguez has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jordan Henriquez.
West Virginia Game Notes
- Juwan Staten recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- The top two scorers (Deniz Kilicli and Aaric Murray) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- Aaric Murray accounted for 32.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (nine).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (29).
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Aaric Murray has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Eron Harris.