Rutgers faced off with Villanova on Monday, Feb. 18 and lost at home against the Wildcats 71-63 in conference play. Myles Mack got a game-high 24 points and eight rebounds in the Scarlet Knights loss. Kadeem Jack also had a strong outing, scoring 12 points and adding seven rebounds. Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double for the Wildcats on 10 points and 12 rebounds. Rutgers (13-12, 4-10 Big East) welcomes Providence (14-11, 6-7 Big East) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Rutgers Game Notes
- Rutgers started 13-12 during the 2010 and 2009 seasons (since 1996).
- Rutgers beat the spread by two points. That makes the 10th time this season the Scarlet Knights have beaten the spread.
- Rutgers has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after recording 63 or fewer total points.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Scarlet Knights opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Myles Mack accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Myles Mack and Kadeem Jack) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Myles Mack's career.
- Myles Mack has three straight double-digit point games.
- Myles Mack had career highs with eight rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
Villanova Game Notes
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 41.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in scoring eight times in 27 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 27 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 29th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has three straight double-digit point games.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 20th of his career.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has five straight double-digit point games.