(6-21, 1-15 away)
(10-16, 7-4 home)
Venue: Moore Gym
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, February 18, 2013
||M Phillips 13
||A Leary 10
||S Frazier 2
||P Scotland 16
||J Bryant 7
||P Scotland 6
On Monday, Feb. 18, Bethune-Cookman topped Howard 64-50 in conference play. The Wildcats were led by Paul Scotland, who got a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Adrien Coleman had 12 points and added six rebounds. Alphonso Leary finished with nine points and 10 rebounds for the Bison. Next up for Bethune-Cookman (10-16, 5-6 MEAC) is South Carolina State (5-19, 1-9 MEAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Bethune-Cookman Game Notes
- Bethune-Cookman started 10-16 during the 2007 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Wildcats have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 15 or more assists.
- B-CU set a season low for turnovers (six).
- Bethune-Cookman has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--B-CU has a 6.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Paul Scotland and Adrien Coleman) accounted for 43.7 percent of the points.
- Paul Scotland has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Adrien Coleman has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Paul Scotland had career highs with six field goals made, four three-pointers, seven rebounds, and six assists.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Malik Jackson.
Howard Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bison losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Phillips and Alphonso Leary) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alphonso Leary and Mike Phillips) accounted for 54.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Mike Phillips has led the team in scoring 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Alphonso Leary has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Alphonso Leary recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.