Maryland-Eastern Shore squared off with Coppin State on Monday, Feb. 18 and won a nail-biter over the Eagles 64-62 in double overtime. Kevin Mays got 21 points and 12 rebounds for the Hawks, earning a double-double. Troy Snyder had a career-high 22 points and added seven rebounds. For the Eagles, Michael Murray finished with a team-high 20 points and four rebounds. Maryland-Eastern Shore (2-20, 2-9 MEAC) hosts Hampton (10-14, 7-4 MEAC) on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- Maryland-Eastern Shore started 2-20 during the 2007 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Hawks have played in seven overtime games with a record of 7-0.
- The Hawks have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Maryland-Eastern Shore is 21-20 in close games.
- The Hawks set a season high for field goals made (27).
- The last time UMES recorded at least 27 field goals made was Feb 13, 2012 against Coppin State.
- UMES set a season low for free throws made (seven).
- Maryland-Eastern Shore has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the sixth game at home this season--UMES has a -10.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kevin Mays recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- Troy Snyder accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Mays and Olatunji Kosile) accounted for 51.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in scoring in eight out of 22 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Troy Snyder's career.
- Troy Snyder had career highs with 22 points, nine field goals made, and a 50 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Kevin Mays's career.
- Kevin Mays has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kevin Mays.
- Kevin Mays recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Olatunji Kosile recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
Coppin State Game Notes
- The Eagles have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Coppin State is 29-29 in close games.
- This loss extended the Eagles losing streak to seven games.
- Michael Murray accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Michael Murray has led the team in scoring nine times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Michael Murray's career.
- Michael Murray has four straight double-digit point games.