Morgan State 50
(9-14, 8-9 away)
Delaware State 52
(12-13, 8-2 home)
Venue: Memorial Hall
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||J Black 10
||D Jackson 9
||B Bozeman 5
||T Tate 12
||K Gray 8
||T Tate 3
Morgan State lost a close one to Delaware State 52-50 in conference play on Monday, Feb. 18. At the half, Morgan State led 29-18, but Delaware State took control in the second half and came back to win it. The Bears were led by DeWayne Jackson, who put up 10 points and nine rebounds. Justin Black had a team-high 10 points. For the Hornets, Marques Oliver finished with 11 points and seven rebounds. Morgan State (10-14, 7-6 MEAC) gets High Point (14-10, 10-3 Big South) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The last time Morgan State started the season 9-14 was 2003.
- The Bears have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Morgan State is 32-37 in close games.
- The Bears have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5 percent or worse.
- Morgan State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 34 or fewer rebounds.
- Morgan State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Morgan State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Bears set a season high for three-pointers (seven).
- Morgan State set season lows for field goals made (18) and total points (50).
- The Bears have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Bears opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two rebounders (DeWayne Jackson and Anthony Hubbard) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Black has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- DeWayne Jackson has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 23 games this season.
- Justin Black has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Shaquille Duncan had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Anthony Hubbard.
Delaware State Game Notes
- The Hornets won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware State is 22-37 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Tahj Tate and Marques Oliver) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kendall Gray and Marques Oliver) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tahj Tate has led the team in scoring 11 times in 25 games this season.
- Kendall Gray has led the team in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- Tahj Tate has three straight double-digit point games.