Morgan State 50
(9-14, 8-9 away)
Delaware State 52
(12-13, 8-2 home)
Venue: Memorial Hall
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 18, 2013
||J Black 10
||D Jackson 9
||B Bozeman 5
||T Tate 12
||K Gray 8
||T Tate 3
Delaware State nipped Morgan State 52-50 in conference play on Monday, Feb. 18. Morgan State was up 29-18 at the half, but blew the lead in the second half and allowed Delaware State to come back for the victory. The Hornets were led by Marques Oliver, who put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Tahj Tate had a game-high 12 points and added three assists. DeWayne Jackson got 10 points and nine rebounds for the Bears. Next up for Delaware State (12-13, 7-4 MEAC) is Norfolk State (17-10, 12-0 MEAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Delaware State Game Notes
- Delaware State started 12-13 during the 2007 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The Hornets have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Delaware State is 22-37 in close games.
- The Hornets have won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after recording seven or more blocks.
- DelSt has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- DelSt has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.5 percent field goal percentage.
- DelSt set a season low for turnovers (six).
- The Hornets have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Hornets came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--DelSt has a 12.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Tahj Tate and Marques Oliver) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kendall Gray and Marques Oliver) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tahj Tate has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Kendall Gray has led the team in rebounding in four out of 25 games this season.
- Tahj Tate has three straight double-digit point games.
Morgan State Game Notes
- The Bears have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Morgan State is 32-37 in close games.
- The top two rebounders (DeWayne Jackson and Anthony Hubbard) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Black has led the team in scoring 11 times in 23 games this season.
- DeWayne Jackson has led the team in rebounding seven times in 23 games this season.
- Justin Black has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Shaquille Duncan set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Anthony Hubbard.