Hofstra took a home loss to Drexel 63-54 in conference play in a game where they had 19 turnovers. With the loss, the Pride stay winless against Drexel this season at 0-2. Stevie Mejia got a game-high 22 points and six rebounds for the Pride. Stephen Nwaukoni had three points and added 12 rebounds. For the Dragons, Damion Lee finished with a team-high 17 points and six rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Pride. Hofstra (6-21, 3-11 CAA) gets George Mason (15-11, 8-6 CAA) at home on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Hofstra Game Notes
- Hofstra beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Pride have beaten the spread.
- Hofstra has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 16 or fewer field goals made.
- Hofstra has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Hofstra has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 63 or more total points this season, Hofstra has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition records 11 or more assists this season, Hofstra has lost 84 percent of the time (3-16).
- Hofstra set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Hofstra has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Stephen Nwaukoni recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- Stevie Mejia accounted for 40.7 percent of the team's points.
- Stephen Nwaukoni accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stevie Mejia has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 27 games this season.
- Stephen Nwaukoni has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Stevie Mejia's career.
- Stevie Mejia has six straight double-digit point games.
- Stevie Mejia had career highs with 22 points and seven field goals made.
- Stephen Nwaukoni recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Stephen Nwaukoni had a career high with 12 defensive rebounds.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Jordan Allen.
Drexel Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Damion Lee and Frantz Massenat) accounted for 52.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daryl McCoy and Damion Lee) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Damion Lee has led the team in scoring 13 times in 26 games this season.
- Daryl McCoy has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Daryl McCoy set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Derrick Thomas has six straight double-digit point games.
- Frantz Massenat has five straight double-digit point games.